Author(s): Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads withLonely PlanetNormandy & D-Day BeachesRoad Trips,your passport to uniquely encountering this region by car. Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you'll visit along the way, sample Norman cheeses and get close to WWI and WWII history, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to France, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely PlanetNormandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photographythroughout
- Itineraries and planning adviceto pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily- easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tipsto get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential infoat your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features- including Detours, Walking Tours andLink Your Trip
- CoversRouen, Bayeux, Lille, Amiens, Flanders, Somme, Normandy, D-Day Beaches and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetNormandy & D-Day Beaches Road Tripsis perfect for exploring Northern Francevia the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet France's Best Trips covers road trip itineraries for the whole country, Lonely PlanetFrance, our most comprehensive guide to France, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover France,a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Also looking for a guide focused on Paris? Check out Lonely Planet Parisfor a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Pocket Paris,a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
There's More in Store for You:
- See more of Europe's picturesque country sides and have a richer, more authentic experience by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet'sRoad Tripsguides to Châteaux of the Loire ValleyandProvence & Southeast Franceor Lonely Planet's Best Tripsguides to France,ItalyandIreland.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER '3 of France's Best Road Trips,' with excerpts from each Road Trips guide to help you pick which French region to explore first.
Authors:Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.