Author(s): Nicola Williams
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads while touring withLonely Planet Germany, Austria and Switzerland's Best Trips,your passport to uniquely encountering this region by car. Featuring 30 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures on which you can experience awe inspiring views of the Swiss Alps or Austrian Tyrol or the picturesque towns and castles of Southern Germany's Romantic Road, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Europe, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Germany, Austria and Switzerland'sBest Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photographythroughout
- Itineraries and planning adviceto pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily- easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tipsto get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential infoat your fingertips- hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets- eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features- including Driving Problem Buster,Detours, andLink Your Trip
- CoversGermany, Berlin, Munich, Dresden, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, the Rhine, Romantic Road, Lake Constance, Switzerland, Swiss Alps, Lake Geneva, Zurich, Geneva, Austria, Tyrol, Vienna, Salzburg and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Germany, Austria and Switzerland's Best Tripsis perfect for exploring Germany, Austria and Switzerland via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Planning a European trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's Germany, Austriaor Switzerland guides, our most comprehensive country guides are perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover GermanyorDiscover Switzerland,photo-rich guides to the countries' most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific German or Austriancity? Check out Lonely Planet's Berlin, Munich, Bavaria & the Black Forest or Viennaguides for a comprehensive look at all these cities have to offer, or Pocket Berlin,a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
There's More in Store for You:
- See more of Europe's picturesque country sides and have a richer, more authentic experience by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet's Best Tripsguides to France, Italy, Ireland andSpain & Portugalor Lonely Planet's Road Tripsguides to Chateaux of the Loire Valley, Provence & Southeast FranceandNormandy & D-Day Beaches.
Authors:Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.