Author(s): Kathryn Hulick
Childrens Reference & Activity
Prepare to have your mind blown! As you explore ten of the world's greatest unsolved mysteries, you'll witness a UFO encounter, search for the lost city of Atlantis, tour a haunted house, and discover the kraken's true form. Along the way, you'll use the scientific method and sharp thinking to separate fact from fiction and explain the unexplainable.
Learn how sightings of flying saucers and stories of alien abductions can be explained by sleep paralysis, false memories, and hypnosis. Find out what pareidolia is and how this psychological phenomenon may explain some ghost sightings. Explore possible real locations for the lost city of Atlantis. Beautiful, haunting illustrations set the mood and spark the imagination.
Discover the fascinating truth surrounding these mysteries and legends:
- Alien abductions, including the Roswell incident
- Mysterious disappearances, including plane MH370
- Ancient aliens, including the Nazca Lines
- Curses, including King Tut's tomb
- Monsters of the Deep, including Nessie the Loch Ness monster
- The search for Atlantis
- Ghosts and haunted mansions